Weblog about my emigration to Sint Maarten

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Mysterious Google ads

I hoped to recover part of my cable cost through having google place ads on my page – so far in vain. It works like this: Google scans the content of the site and then publishes ads that relate to it – to make sure they’re relevant ads. And indeed, after publishing a post on a ski-weekend to Sauerland, Germany, ads appeared on holidays to Winterberg and Willingen, towns in that area. But a weekend trip to the Belgian Ardennes somehow seemed to impress the google content robots more. Commercial messages enticing holidaymakers to go to Belgium seemed to be glued to the screen – even though I wrote about very different subjects ever since. Most striking I find that although both my english and Dutch blog (reggaeblues.blogspot.com) are about the island of Sint Maarten, only the former had ads on this tourist destination – sometimes even in the Dutch language! I guess google moves in mysterious ways…

By the way, I do not think I found a source of income that will bring me riches. At the current rate, I’d be lucky if I could buy myself a crate of beer by year end…

1 Comments:

Blogger thetranquilizer said...

Hey there.. i am big fans of reggae music too..
well..nice to hop in to your blog...

cheersss...

9:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home